- Serious calorie burner & weight loss! 10 minutes of jumping rope can roughly be considered the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile. Wowza!
- Improves balance & coordination. The rhythm of jumping can improve the coordination between your eyes, feet and hands. The activity is complex for your brain to process, forcing your brain to perform multiple movements at once & coordinate them to work in
- Increase bone density. The small hops/impact while jumping increases bone density. This impact is much kinder on your joints than running because the impact of each jump is absorbed by both legs at once. A lower risk activity with lower impact on knees and ankles.
- Stronger cardiovascular health. This benefit has been recognized by the American Heart Association and endorsed through their “Jump Rope for Heart” program.
- Improved cognitive function. As you jump, you learn new motor patterns. The nervous system improves as it communicates between your brain, eyes, wrists & lower leg muscles. The challenge of coordination & rhythm involved are good for your brain.
- Portable, inexpensive & versatile. So easy to incorporate into any existing training regimen, our used as the main workout. Sneak in a 5 minute workout when short on time (anywhere!). Conveniently throw it in your bag or store it in a drawer.
- Muscle toning. While jumping, you use muscles in your lower body, including the quads, hamstrings, glutes & calves. You also work muscles in your shoulders, arms and core. All while burning stubborn fat.
- It’s fun! Remember, If it’s not fun, it’s not sustainable. Try new tricks like criss crosses, double unders, & high knees. Here’s the kicker: While skipping rope, your mood is hella elevated! That’s because during the workout, our brain optimizes the release of the “golden trio” – Endorphin, Dopamine, & Serotonin. Also known as the “feel-good” hormones. Extra boost in mood & energy, a win-win!
It’s been proven that even the least active individual can pick a jump rope & experience life-changing results. Absolute beginners have testified to experiencing positive health effects.
What’s the best rope? We recommend our Performance Speed Rope, perfect for beginners or athletic jumpers. The length is adjustable! What are you waiting for? Hop to it! Grab a rope & start jumping – it might even change your life!